Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Royal Typewriter

Typewriter. 1930s. Novel. Candlelight. Literature. Inspiration. Genius. Love. Secretary. Sexy. Paper. Ink. Sound. Ideas. Intellect. Sentiment.






My mother gave me this typewriter when I graduated from high school, and it has been on display on my nightstand ever since. It belonged to my grandfather. It's a Royal Model O from ca. 1936. I need to get the ink ribbon replaced, but other than that it works beautifully. Words are pretty and inspiring, and so is vintage machinery.

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar typewriter that my aunt gave me before she died. I used to make tons of bracelets out of the keys and I'm sure that's why she gave it to me but I just cant bear to cut off the keys to the one she gave me. Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings... Polly
    French Cupboard

    ReplyDelete